When I need to download a streaming video from a site like YouTube or Vimeo, or convert the video to an audio MP3 to listen to, I use KeepVid.com. Here’s how to use it.
Note: Make sure you’re complying with copyright law and the terms of service of the video platform (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)!
- Copy the URL (web address) of the streaming video you want to download.
- Browse to KeepVid.com.
- Paste the address into the bar at the top and click Download.
- KeepVid will generate links to download the video in several formats and resolutions. The formats may include FLV, MP4, WebM, and 3GP. For some videos, you’ll also get a link for audio MP3.
- Click the link to download the file you want. Don’t click the large, graphical download buttons! Those are ads. If you click MP3, you’ll be taken to SnipMP3.com, a site that converts video to MP3, which can take quite a while.
- Enjoy your downloaded file offline!