We had fun redesigning our site for 2016! We had a few goals for the redesign:
- Raise our image as a professional web agency
- Generate more quality leads
- Better explain our competitive advantage
- Increase email newsletter subscriptions
- Promote our SEO services
We had aspects we wanted to add to the site, but we wanted to keep it as simple and usable as possible. So, we ended up removing a lot that wasn’t essential, which felt good. If you haven’t applied Essentialism to your site, now’s the time.
We created a 5-minute video that walks through some of the features of the website:
Here’s what we showed in the video:
- Search and filter options on Blog
- Testimonials controlled by Custom Post Types and custom fields
- Portfolio controlled by Custom Post Types and custom fields
- Post snippets to insert code blocks with a shortcode
- Theme guide for us to use as a style reference
One item we didn’t include in the video is the ability to drag and drop testimonials and projects within WordPress, to rearrange how they appear on the front end.
We still have a long list of improvements we need to make to the site, but we’re already pleased with how it turned out, and the results we’re seeing.
Are you itching to redesign your website? Is it falling short of its potential for your business? Let’s talk!