If you use Google Apps, you can create email distribution lists that will send to multiple email addresses inside and outside the organization. You can even allow people outside the organization to send to the distribution list.
Let’s say your small business wants to publish an email address that anyone in the world can email, such as [email protected], and you want emails sent to that address to go to a group of people. Here’s how to create a group in Google Apps to do that.
- Log into the Google Apps Admin Console for your domain.
- Click Groups. If you don’t see it, click More Controls at the bottom of the page.
- Click the plus button (+) in the lower right corner.
- Enter the Name of the group.
- Enter an email address in the Group email address field.
- Optionally, add a description in the Description field.
- Choose an Access Level. If you want anyone on the Internet to be able to send to this group, choose Team, and then check the box for Also allow anyone on the internet to post messages. Learn more about access levels.
- Click Create.
- Click Add new users. Type or paste the email addresses of the group’s members. Or, to create a group that includes all users in your domain, without having to enter all their email addresses, click Add all users in this domain. You can even add email addresses from outside your domain. Learn more about editing a group.
For more details, see the Google Apps article Create a group.